Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

(6 ratings)

TOPIC: CRU Vendor Review Form

CRU Vendor Review Form 3 months 4 weeks ago #108445

• BCP
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Thank you received: 2465
I have created a google form for CRU users to review vendors in a logical, organized, fair, and efficient manner.

Please respond to this thread with whatever vendors and chemicals you want to see added. I will add them on demand; given the turbulent nature of the RC market, that seems like the logical thing to do. I'll get the form updated quickly.

Right now, I believe a results summary will be available by clicking a link after submission.

If you don't have 30 posts, you are not eligible to review yet. This policy is to eliminate shills and trolls.

I also want a small team to have collaborator privileges. You'd be able to have complete control over the form and results, just like I do. Send me a PM if you're interested.

I'm launching this now, and testing it out. Be patient with me, but I hope you like what I've done so far.

Here's the link.

Note to Geeza: if you want to, you can embed this form right into CRU by pasting this:
<iframe src="docs.google.com/forms/d/1pA8pS87PRxFkS2k...ewform?embedded=true" width="760" height="500" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">Loading...</iframe>

EDIT: SHIT! It doesn't differentiate the star ratings to their respective vendors. Shit. Let me work on this. There might be another free form available.

EDIT: Here's a link to a spreadsheet of the results. I'll have to make the results do what I want there.
Last Edit: 3 months 4 weeks ago by BCP.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

CRU Vendor Review Form 3 months 4 weeks ago #108456

• Rat King
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Albert Hofmann
  • Thank you received: 537
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Who's the more foolish? The fool or the fool who follows him?
The following user(s) said Thank You: BCP, IGotGuns, Happy Blaster Chemicals

CRU Vendor Review Form 3 months 4 weeks ago #108470

Thanks for doing this BCP :)
"Excess on occasion is exhilarating. It prevents moderation from acquiring the deadening effect of a habit." ~W. Somerset Maugham
- Please click here to read the simple yet important RULES for both vendors and consumers on ChemsRUs
- To get to know a little more about the reasons for CRU's existence,
click here
The following user(s) said Thank You: BCP, Happy Blaster Chemicals

CRU Vendor Review Form 3 months 4 weeks ago #108481

• BCP
  • NOW ONLINE
I fixed it. Whew!

Here's what happens: when you fill out the form, all of your input goes to my spreadsheet which is public to everyone with the link, but only I can edit (until I get some collaborators). You'll be able to see everybody's responses to everything; each form fills out one line. I've got another sheet where I calculate the average of a vendor's composite score--a simple average of the five numerical 1-5 ratings.

Let me say that again, just cause I'm mentally exhausted: your review scores are averaged for that review, and then those averages from the same vendor are averaged with other user's reviews on the first page.

I can do a lot more with this, and I probably will, but for now, I'm mighty pleased with what we've got.

I've got to take a break but I'll be adding more vendors and chemicals later tonight.

Here's the review form.

Here's the results.

Fixed. God damn.

CRU Vendor Review Form 3 months 4 weeks ago #108483

• RAGE Research
  • Timothy Leary
  • Thank you received: 102
Seems like a lot of work. I'm sure the community will appreciate the time and effort you put into this.

CRU Vendor Review Form 3 months 4 weeks ago #108486

• BCP
  • NOW ONLINE
RAGE Research wrote:
Seems like a lot of work. I'm sure the community will appreciate the time and effort you put into this.

I gotta say that google docs amazed me. I never used it before; created an account just for that. The form creation was super easy.

And the spreadsheet will be doing amazing things too. We can have graphs of vendor's ratings over time, we can have a top ten vendor list... I'm exhausted, but the results page has tons of potential. And I love the bare-bones nature of the other results page--complete transparency for every review.

So the users have a sexy interface, the data is public, and the results will be great. All free. Just links. And we can embed the form.

I'm happy.

Now... can I get this thread stickied?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Happy Blaster Chemicals, Brother Bob

CRU Vendor Review Form 3 months 4 weeks ago #108496

• numarker
  • Alexander Shulgin
  • -nul
  • Thank you received: 339
Nice nice, is there a way to add more chemicals to the list or a way to type something in? Like the direction this is going so far. Just can't add notes about EPH

CRU Vendor Review Form 3 months 4 weeks ago #108513

• Valentine
  • Allen Ginsberg
  • Thank you received: 140
Can you please add Arkansas Nootropics?

CRU Vendor Review Form 3 months 4 weeks ago #108516

• BCP
  • NOW ONLINE
Valentine wrote:
Can you please add Arkansas Nootropics?

I will be doing a lot of adding, don't you worry. That's just a few clicks, same as the chemicals.

I'll just ask you this: please the most proper vendor name you can, and please use the most widely-used proper chemical name. I'm not familiar with everybody or everything, and I don't pretend to be. I'd rather get it right the first time.

Just post what you want to see and I'll add them quickly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Happy Blaster Chemicals

CRU Vendor Review Form 3 months 4 weeks ago #108518

• tiquanunderwood
  • Allen Ginsberg
  • fade top all day son!
  • Thank you received: 157
This is amazing! Really seems like this community is really stepping it up :) Loving it!

Much love and be safe <3 <3
When the sun rise I roll a philly up and load the semi up.
By 9 o'clock I'm drinkin' double cups and gettin' paper cuts.

Better not front in the city I'm from.
Homicides on a Sunday in the city I'm from.
#BODYMOREMURDALAND

Hollaaa at me on steam: genesis_is_gone
Time to create page: 0.864 seconds

Latest Chemicals

Industrial

Media

Support

• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
  • F.A.Q.
  • Privacy
  • Disclaimer